Collections, Education, Historic, Libraries, Master Planning
Billings Library was designed by H.H. Richardson as the university’s library and was expanded in similar style by Richardson’s partners the year after his death in 1886. Following the construction of a new library building in 1961, Billings was renovated as a student center, with a major addition in 1984. Schwartz/Silver is now returning the building to something close to its original function, as the University’s Special Collections Library.
Program: Feasibility study to re-program existing H.H. Richardson campus library, currently used as a student center, as a new Special Collections Library for the University.